E mail Me

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Langwithces Blog

By watching and reviewing Langwitches blog, "It’s Not About the Tools. It’s About the Skills". I am learning more and more through each blog an idea for my podcast. In his blog I agree and feel that each person or in my case teacher should be fully aware of the subject at hand before going into a conversation. If the conversation is foreign to us, it may be wise to sit and listen so we can learn about the topic before speaking. Most of our parent/teachers meetings are going to be full of questions and we as teachers should be fully prepared to answer every question. Most parents will feel very uncomfortable in a conversation they are unfamiliar with. It would be wise to try and make them feel as comfortable as possible and to give them as much information so that they are able to interact in the conversation or question/answer session. Once the parent is connected with the conversation, I would hope they are interested in learning what their child is learning and accomplishing at school. Although I am intimidated by some larger words, I believe it would be a great opportunity for myself and my students to learn them each day and use them with the parents. Students that are able to blog in class and share what they are learning would be great for their parents. The child will be able to log in at home to show the parent their progress in the classroom. Before learning to blog in this class and the new blogs I have been watching, I was completely unaware of these resources. Blogging is going to be an amazing tool that I will use to teach in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Parent communication is very important for teachers and students. I agree that we need to make parents and students feel comfortable with the vocabulary. Being informed in the classroom and at home is very important. Yes, I've learned about some valuable resources in ESM 310 that I never knew existed!

    ReplyDelete