E mail Me

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Learning To Podcast!!!

I believe podcasting is a great media tool for our educators and students of all ages. Educators can use a podcast for assignments, reminders, educational debates and small lectures, while students can use these podcast as instructional tools for upcoming assignments and events. These are just a few examples of how a podcast can be used in and out of the classroom. The podcast we were required to listen to were great! Although I plan on listening to many more, they all gave me great ideas for our upcoming podcast for our class assignment. Every podcast differed in many ways. They were all interesting and had great topics and host/co-hosts. My favorite was the EdTechTalk and This Week in Photography! I really liked how the guys in EdTechTalk used games to help students learn and relate to the specific subject they were trying to learn. Frederick Van Johnson, the host for This Week in Photography was great! He and co-hosts were witty and kept my attention. I also enjoyed SmartBoard Lessons and the KidCast podcast, which are great for kids and elementary school teachers. I am a little anxious and nervous about our podcast assignment coming up. The ladies and gentlemen I listened to today made it sound really easy. I am assuming we will be talking about technology in our schools and learning new ways to teach our children and students with technology. If so, that is great because these podcasts have taught me about what I can expect for our podcast coming up. Keeping the podcast running smoothly about our specific topic will probably be the hardest part. (considering I like to ramble. Ha). There were several times where I was a little bored and moved to the next pod cast, so I am hoping we have a lot to talk about. As long as the student or teacher can hear the host and co-host voices, I think it would be great to include music during our podcast.

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas of ways to use podcasts Samantha! I think this is the best and most fun project we do in EDM 310. The main things to keep in mind are to know your topic well, be yourself, and have fun! SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post! I can tell you are really interested in podcast and you seem very prepared. You pointed out great points all teachers should know which is all the different ways you can use podcast. Good luck on your podcast and music sounds like it would make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Samantha. My favorite podcast was EdTalkWeekly as well. They did a good job of actually keeping you interested in the podcast.

    ReplyDelete