E mail Me

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Teachers Willing to Learn


In Kelly W. Hines' article, "It's Not about the technology". She points out four key points that a teacher should recognize and be willing to teach in these new generations of learning. I loved each of these because I feel they are so true. Throughout my life there has always been a specific teacher that did not want to learn the new technology. He/She wanted to keep things as they were. By doing this I feel as though I missed out on learning experiences. There were other classrooms of my same grade level using these new concepts. As a teacher, I know that I will be willing to learn all these new concepts of teaching. Any teacher that wants to be successful has to apply their self to learn from their students and become extremely self motivated.
A teacher's life goal is for his/her students to LEARN the material. The dedication of teaching and encouraging your students to have a successful day will be my main concern. Teachers should encourage their fellow teachers to look forward to the new technology. To learning it and benefit from it. There are too many classrooms with computers going to waste. I agree with Hines in that these computers should be used for curriculum related development and learning new software. Not for games and word processor. I believe and hope that as the years go by and technology is becoming necessary, that each teacher/professor will step up and be willing to learn and teach with his/her students.

No comments:

Post a Comment