E mail Me

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

News of Wikipedia


Very Interesting!! I have always used Wikipedia as a source of information. I even have it as an application on my IPhone. Almost in every case I find myself using Wikipedia or Google for answers. If it’s something I see on television, information about an athletic figure, a project I need a source for, or an everyday question I need to know, I will pull up my Wikipedia. It seems strange how easy it is to change the information on this site. These are facts that we consider true and use in everyday life for answers. How will we ever know what the truth is on any site if it is this simple to change important facts. Now I see that any company, person, or brand can go in and change what they want about their name or site. If Wikipedia has something derogatory listed, this shows how easy it is to change these facts. So how will we ever know what the truth is? If this is happening on this site, will this continue to others? I am very intrigued by Mr. Griffin’s discovery! I hope that others like him keep looking out for these types of dangers.

1 comment:

  1. I have never used Wikipedia as a source for school work, as much as I may have been tempted to. However, I do use it for personal knowledge or to look up something that I have a question about.I think that even though this tool exists, Wikipedia will never be a creditable source for school work.

    ReplyDelete