E mail Me

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Future of Education: Morgan Bayda and Dan Brown

I personally enjoyed Morgan Bayda’s post, An Open Letter to Educators. I agree with Morgan Bayda and Dan Brown about their thoughts on today's education and where it is going. I have had many classes like Dan Brown explained. Sitting in a large classroom going over facts that I did not remember after the semester. However, I believe it is better for our students to experience a classroom setting if it offers hands on activities or if the teacher is more involved with his/her students. From my experience, I find that when teachers and students interact together it is easier to remember the given facts. If the classroom is similar to that of Dan Brown then we need to encourage these teachers to learn and use more technology. It is our job as future teachers to know and learn new technology(even if we are learning from our students). With our wisdom we can teach our students and others teachers that are unaware.

Although I feel that is wasn't smart for Dan Brown to quit school, I really enjoyed his blog and felt he was very convincing as well as a good speaker. If Dan enjoys classes that involve technology and other computer software programs, he should investigate other schools or classes that offer these programs. I agree with Dan Brown about expensive textbooks. I have purchased textbooks in the past and did not use them. This class has made me realize that when I become a teacher, my students are going to be extremely advanced in technology. Although I have learned some different types of technology this semester, like Twitter and blogging, I know that my future students might be more technologically inclined than I and I need to open and willing to learn from them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment