E mail Me

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dr. Alice Christie's Discoveries

Dr. Christie's entire website was so inspiring. There are so many ways teachers can use technology to better their teaching and their students' learning. I hope that in my future, I will be able or have the oppurtunity to enorperate some of these options in my teaching curriculum. This site provided so many resources for all teachers grades K-12. Any teacher or future educator could look up this site for information about effective technology to use their classroom. I think it would be an awesome idea to require teachers to learn and watch podcast like Dr. Christie's. As a future educator, I also think it would be a great idea to "buddy up" with a co-worker or a teacher who has been teaching for many years to watch these together. As a younger educator, I may know more about technology and they would have the experience of dealing with students.
Because technology is growing as such a fast pace this would be an amazing oppurnity to learn from each other and more about technology and using it in the classroom. It is also my duty to learn as much about technology as possible. I know that I will learn many things from my students, but I also want to have the upper hand so that I'm able to teach my students the effectiveness of this work and how it will help them succeed in the future as well as help develop their practical, critical, and computer learning skills. Using the kid-friendly technology and tools such as GPS and Google as mentioned on the site will be a fun and exciting learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment