E mail Me

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Randy Pausch in Last Lecture

In Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams, he goes into great detail about how your dreams should not only be specific but how you should go about achieving them and making them real in your life. I love the way Randy Pausch goes about lecturing. He is an amazing speaker and is very encouraging. One thing I loved about his lecture is how he spoke of his inspirations and the people that encouraged and inspired him along the way. This is very important in every one's life. It was great how Pausch was so positive through his entire speech after dealing with such life threatening illnesses. After all his downfalls he his still focusing on bettering other lives and influencing individuals to go and achieve their dreams.
It is so exciting to know there are still instructors giving lectures and encouraging words to our teachers and students. We need as much encouragement and motivation as possible. Every lesson we teach to our students will be a learning experience to ourselves. I love the term "brick walls" Pausch uses. Mr. Pausch states,"Brick walls are there for a reason...not to keep us out, but to let us prove how badly we want something." I definitely believe these brick walls are there to teach us lessons and show our students that you have to live and learn from our mistakes. Letting our students see that we have had struggles ourselves and didn't let the "brick wall" bring us down could help them with their struggles in school and everyday life with their peers and parents. It is my main concern to teach my students some type of strong foundation to keep them positive and wanting to learn.
I hope one day in my future career I can contribute to students and other facility members the way Mr. Pausch has done in his studies and teaching experiences. He is such an admiration in his everyday life and his career.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Mr. Pausch's speech. He was inspiring to me, too. He puts things in perspective and with all his struggles, he still manages to keep going. I thought he was a great motivational speaker and I agree with you that brick walls are there to each us lessons. Although, the brick walls are tough to get through, when you get to the other side itis an experience you will never forget.

    ReplyDelete